VISIT OF BELGIUM BLUEHEALTH INNOVATION CENTER SUPPORTED BY MICROSOFT
- Date : February 2nd, 2018
- Time: from 10am until 4pm
- Venue: BlueHealth Innovation Center, C-mine 12, 3600 Genk Belgium
- Language : English
During this day, Tom Braekeleirs, Director at BlueHealth Innovation Center, will share his vision on how healthcare and technology come together, he will explain how an incubator works. Then some estartups, associates of the Innovation Center, will pitch you their health solution.
After the lunch, a visit of the Ziekenhuis Oost-Limburg Hospital will be organised.
During this day, you will have the opportunity to meet with the CEO – Erwin Bormans, who will share with you his vision of the Hospital of the Future, how he started the health revolution and his key priorities in the transformation journey. Then, the Chief Valorization Officer – Yves Marchal, will explain his collaboration with BlueHealth Innovation Centre. How this relation created added value for his hospital. We will finish this day with the IT Manager – Kurt Gielen, who will be talking about the Cloud within the health sector. Lastly, the CEO of Fibricheck – Lars Grieten, will explain you how they became first CE marked app worldwide for the detection of atrial fibrillation. This company is a spinoff from the hospital as a result of the internal research center Mobile Health Unit, a collaboration between 2 hospitals and the university.
10:00 – 11:30 To Valley or Not to Valley – Digital Entrepreneurship in Healthcare, with Tom Braekeleirs - Director at BlueHealth Innovation Center
11:30 – 12:30 Pitch Café with Startups:
- Lynxcare with Dries Hens, CEO
- Helpilepsy with Jonathan Schreiber, CEO
- Nephroflow with Simon Dusauchoit, CEO
- Role of Innovation in a Hospital Setting, with Erwin Bormans - CEO at Ziekenhuis Oost-Limburg Hospital
- Putting innovation in practice. Tour of the hospital, with Yves Marchal - Chief Valorization Officer at Ziekenhuis Oost-Limburg Hospital
- Using cloud solutions in a healthcare context, with Kurt Gielen - IT Manager at Ziekenhuis Oost-Limburg Hospital
- Mobile Health Unit, with Lars Grieten – CEO at Fibricheck
ORGANISATION AND REGISTRATIONTransportation will be organised and taken in charge. Detailed travel information will be provided later on.
Please register by email to Laure APY, Corporate Territory Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org) before the 20th of January.